- Setup time: a few minutes – just sign up on the website
- Age threshold:16+ to 18+, varies across different sites
- Time of payment: up to ten days after project completion, every month, or based on the chosen payment schedule – differs depending on the site
Freelancing is a great way to make money at your own pace. You can choose clients, set your own hours, and determine your rate.
There are 50 million+ freelancers in the United States alone, making it a trendy way to earn extra money. Muhammad Qasim and Kelly Vaughn are two among many successful freelancers.
You can offer all kinds of freelance services. Some of the most in-demand freelance skills are web design and development, translation, accounting, and video production.
To get started, sign up for some of these freelance websites and start scouting for gigs:
- Upwork. Focuses on large projects requiring freelancers with specific skills.
- Freelancer. Provides 1,800+ categories of freelance work opportunities.
- Guru. Offers projects from individuals or small to middle-sized businesses.
Make an online portfolio to supplement your profile on job marketplaces and improve your chances of landing high-paying projects.
Finally, make sure that your pricing structure aligns with the time and effort required to finish each project.