- Setup time: a few days to a few weeks – some companies or clients ask for a writing sample before approving you as a writer
- Age threshold: 18+
- Time of payment: every week or upon request – varies between sites
For those with a knack for writing, becoming a content writer is one of the best ways to earn money online. Content writing makes for a profitable side gig or full-time remote work with an average pay of around $60,000/year.
In addition to writing skills, this career path may require SEO knowledge. Knowing the basics of HTML and CSS can also help, especially when working with a content management system (CMS) like WordPress.
Many content writers have websites to showcase their writing skills and work portfolios. If your blog takes off, it’s also possible to make money online by monetizing it.
Try your luck on job boards like Fiverr and Freelancer where many freelance content writing gigs are available. Alternatively, join a content writing agency to get steady work opportunities.
Some of the best content writing agencies to work with are:
- Verblio. Provides all kinds of content types, from blog posts to press releases.
- SEOButler. Seeks US and UK-based freelance writers.
- Express Writers. Hires writers and editors to work with a massive network of clients worldwide.
- Textbroker. Offers gigs to write unique custom content with free registration, flexible time management, and weekly payments for US citizens.