- Setup time: a few days to a few weeks to sign up for online developer jobs if you already know how to code
- Age threshold: 18+
- Time of payment: varies on a case-by-case basis
The average base salary of a freelance web developer is around $82,000/year. Moreover, the employment of digital designers and web developers is projected to grow by 23% between 2021 and 2031. So, now is a great time to jump into the industry.
The first step of becoming a web developer is to choose a web development specialization. Doing so will save you time, money, and energy and help you stand out among competitors.
After choosing a specialization to pursue, learn how to code. Plenty of websites and courses can help you get started:
- BitDegree. Offers beginner and advanced courses, as well as scholarship opportunities.
- Coursera. Partners with 200+ universities and companies to provide certified courses and specializations.
- Codecademy. Perfect for beginners who want short and interactive courses.
- Udemy. Choose from a wide range of on-demand courses in many languages.
If you want to join the web development business, consider participating in a coding boot camp like Alchemy Code Lab or Rithm School to enhance career advancement opportunities.