- Setup time: a few hours to a few days – you need to create a website, list products, prepare inventory, and configure tax and shipping
- Age threshold: 18+
- Time of payment: varies depending on the chosen payment gateway
Selling products online is one of the best ways to make money.
Besides having a broader market reach, eCommerce stores require lower startup costs. You’ll be able to save money on operational expenses since you won’t need different retail locations.
Before launching an eCommerce business, decide on the store’s niche. If you’re unsure, researching trending products can help narrow down which products to sell.
Thanks to the popularity of eCommerce platforms, creating an online store has never been easier. Picking the right platform is crucial because it will affect you and your customer’s overall experience.
Here’s a compilation of the four best eCommerce platforms for building your own online store:
- Hostinger Website Builder. A beginner-friendly website builder offering free themes and numerous AI-powered tools to assist business operations.
- WooCommerce. An open-source eCommerce platform built for WordPress, WooCommerce provides all the necessary site functions to create your dream store.
- PrestaShop. This eCommerce software offers robust product management and analytics tools.
- Shopify. A popular option to create online business websites with built-in abandoned cart recovery and SEO tools.
When formulating a business plan, consider factors such as inventory, warehousing, packaging, and shipping.
Depending on your business model and operating locations, you may also need a business license. These may include registration certificates, local and federal permits, and a sales tax permit.