- Setup time: a few minutes – users just need to create an account
- Age threshold: 13+ to 18+, varies among different sites
- Time of payment: varies depending on the minimum required amount to cash out.
It might sound too good to be true, but you can earn extra cash by completing surveys online during your spare time.
Many companies pay people to participate in surveys for general market research and consumer behavior analysis. These surveys help companies make business decisions, like which products to launch or where to publish advertisements.
However, not everyone can do online surveys. For example, some surveys only target specific groups of people, such as people of a certain gender, age, or occupation.
Most survey sites provide relatively low pay with a certain earnings threshold.
For example, you may make $0.50-$3/survey. But unless you reach a total of $10-$25 in earnings, you won’t be able to cash out. For these reasons, surveys are not a viable long-term way to make money online.
If the potential drawbacks don’t phase you, here are some popular survey sites:
- Swagbucks. Watch videos, play games, and complete online surveys to earn points. Then, redeem them for cash or gift cards.
- Survey Junkie. Help brands deliver better products and services by participating in their market surveys.