- Setup time: setting up an account takes only a few days, but learning how to trade stocks can take up to a few months
- Age threshold: 18+, although the Fidelity Youth Account is available for teenagers aged 13 to 17 years old
- Time of payment: around two business days after the trade date
Becoming a stock investor is a great way to make passive income. Start by purchasing a share in a company and selling it once its value increases.
It can be tricky in the beginning. Fortunately, many blogs, podcasts, and YouTube channels offer trading advice. They often provide insights, tips, and tricks about stock trading strategies.
Popular learning sources include Collab Fund, A Wealth of Common Sense, and We Study Billionaires.
Following market news and reading trade reviews by stockbrokers can also help. Rayner Teo and WhiteBoard Finance are among the many stock trading YouTube channels to follow.
The easiest way to buy stocks is through an online stockbroker facilitating transactions. Here are some of our top picks:
- E*TRADE. Ideal for long-term investors looking for a zero minimum deposit. However, users must fund accounts within 30 days.
- TD Ameritrade. A commission-free trading platform with excellent customer support.
- Fidelity Investments. Provides fractional shares, which allows investors with limited capital to participate in the stock market.
- Charles Schwab. Offers a wide range of investment products, including international stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).