- Setup time: a few days to sign up and get approved if you already have an established platform
- Age threshold: 18+
- Time of payment: once or twice a month, 30-60 days after the end of the month – varies between sites
Joining an affiliate marketing program is another excellent way to make money online.
Earn a commission as an affiliate by promoting products, services, or businesses on your platform. You’ll get a percentage of the profit when someone clicks on an affiliate link and completes a purchase.
Bloggers can make hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars through affiliate marketing. The exact earnings will depend on the number of affiliate programs they’re a part of and the blog’s readership size.
Make sure to join affiliate marketing programs that are suitable for your niche. For instance, if you have a blog dedicated to websites and technology, consider becoming a Hostinger affiliate.
Here are some of the most profitable affiliate programs to make money from:
- Amazon Associates. One of the biggest affiliate networks offering up to 20% commission rates.
- BeRush. An excellent option for content marketers as this program offers a $200 flat commission rate for every Semrush sale.
- CJ Affiliate. A popular choice for affiliates with established platforms who wish to work with large and reputable brands.
- eBay Partner Network. A good starting point for all affiliate niches and levels, with commission rates ranging from 1-4%.
- Tripadvisor Affiliate Program. Perfect for affiliates within the travel industry. It offers publishers at least 50% of the commission received from its hotel booking partners.
- GetResponse Affiliate Programs. A platform offering one-time and recurring commissions for affiliates in the marketing niche.
Like any other business model, affiliate marketing requires trial and error. Some of the biggest mistakes to avoid in affiliate marketing are choosing the wrong niche, producing poor-quality content, and ignoring website performance.
If you are a business owner who wants to start an affiliate marketing program easily, consider using AffiliateWP.
The AffiliateWP WordPress plugin has handy features for affiliate management, such as an admin dashboard, real-time reporting, an integrated payouts service, and customizable emails.