- Setup time: a few minutes to a few days to set up the website and find suppliers
- Age threshold: 18+
- Time of payment: varies depending on the chosen payment gateway
Dropshipping is a B2C business model where people sell products via an online store using a third-party supplier to process and fulfill orders. It’s easier than a standard eCommerce store since you don’t need to manage the inventory and shipping.
Starting a dropshipping store is similar to creating a regular online store – it involves choosing a niche and an eCommerce platform. The main difference is that dropshippers have to find the perfect supplier, too. In fact, supplier quality can make or break the business.
To help you get started, here are some websites that help you connect with reliable suppliers:
- Spocket. Choose from thousands of suppliers worldwide and enjoy easy integration with platforms like WooCommerce and Shopify.
- Modalyst. Curate your online store with products from different global suppliers. Use the platform’s profit calculator to set prices.
- SaleHoo. Browse through thousands of vetted suppliers in different product categories. Explore its community forum for dropshipping tips and tricks.